We welcome you to our little slice of heaven in Oxfordshire, near Pangbourne on the River Thames. Enjoy our family-friendly luxury canvas lodge nestled on the very edge of the Chiltern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Escape, relax and enjoy your blissful bolthole – glamping truly at its best.
The first of our boltholes, new in 2020. As our guests, you will have exclusive use of the glamping site, having just over an acre to yourselves on our 18 acre site. The Lodge is named after the “bouquet” of pheasants we often see strutting their stuff and entertaining us around the field outside our house! This is a family-friendly and dog-friendly* safari tent sleeping up to 5.
The Lodge has fabulous views out across the Thames River Valley – 30 miles on a clear day! Wild pheasants, muntjacs, and our local group of some 15 deer might wander past your cosy safari tent.
*Dogs are welcome - just one, subject to prior arrangement. Extra fees apply. Please request at time of booking.
- 2 bedrooms: 2 comfortable king size beds, one with a single bunk bed over the top.
- Bathroom inside the tent – no having to walk outside! Hot running water, shower and incinerator toilet (an eco-friendly option for remote tents!). Toiletries provided.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Wood-burning stove
- Leather Chesterfield sofa
- Indoor and outdoor eating areas
- The “Pheasling”: outdoor cooking area. Traditional stone-ringed campfire with grill for campfire cooking and all the tools you need. Plus a tripod with firebowl for cooking in. Under-cover seating area inside a converted field shelter very close by.
- Secret treats: a hide looking out over the hillside in which to sit and wait for local wildlife, an A-frame den for the kids to make their own, a ring of oak trees perfect for den building and finding fairies…
AROUND THE LOCAL AREA
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
“ What a location and what a lovely place to stay - I can't wait to come back!”
Sarah - Elstead, Surrey